Print Logotype

Will I need to apply for an ESTA Approval and will I need to take a printed copy with me on holiday?

A valid Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) is required to travel to the United States.

Guests arriving at check in without a valid ESTA or US Visa may be denied boarding.

If you are travelling to the United States, a United States Territory (St. Thomas, San Juan and Hawaii) or your flight involves a fuel stop in the United States, you must obtain an ESTA approval at least 72 hours prior to arrival. In addition you must be in possession of a biometric passport (or E-Passport) when travelling to the USA under the Visa Waiver Programme (VWP). The cost of an ESTA is currently USD$14.00 (however this is subject to change) per person and is payable during application of the ESTA. Once your ESTA is authorised this is valid for 2 years.

Applications for an ESTA can be applied for at Alternatively you can contact our visa supplier, CIBT on telephone on 0207 620 6998.

If you are a non-British citizen passport holder, be sure to check entry requirements for the United States with the United States Embassy. For British Subject passport holders, you must obtain a full US visa.


Taking a printed copy

Important - All guests travelling under the ESTA Visa Waiver programme must present a print out of a successful ESTA application at check in.

Please ensure the information on your ESTA confirmation matches your passport information. Full details regarding ESTA applications can be found by following this link


Was this helpful to you?

Please rate this answer by selecting one of the stars below (1 star low, 5 stars high).

Poor Excellent